Hardwood is gorgeous and definitely the most preferred. It varies a great deal in price, depending on the wood you choose to use. Generally, hardwood is the most expensive option. Below I have listed the pros and cons.
- It’s the real stuff and real is better, right?
- It’s gorgeous and timeless
- Adds value to your home
- It can be refinished if it gets nicks or scratches in it, you can sand it down and refinish it
- Shows wear and tear
- Has to be refinished to stay looking nice
- Can get damaged with excessive moisture
- More expensive than other options
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
This is what we have. It is made of an mdf material (pressed wood) and then it has 1/4 inch wood veneer on the top. The top is real hardwood, but it does not go solid all the way through. Engineered flooring has its place and can look beautiful as well.
- Comes prefinished, so you never have to sand and refinish
- Less expensive
- You can replace the damaged pieces one by one, and it matches because it is prefinished.
- It does not expand and contract as much as solid wood with changes in your humidity
- You can’t sand it down if you get scratches, you have to replace it.
- Moisture damage if exposed to excessive water
This is a vinyl layering over a pressed board to appear like wood, but is actually made of vinyl.
- Durable- doesn’t show wear (scratches and dents) like wood does
- It can be very realistic in texture and style
- Less maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Much less expensive
- It can’t be refinished
- It can react badly to excessive moisture as well
- It’s not the “real deal”
- Does not add value to the home because most people prefer real hardwood
Call Style Timber Floor for special consultation & design.
8/19 Chifley St,
Smithfield, NSW 2164 Australia
P:(02) 8021 4471
Shop 4，79-83 Longueville Rd,
Lane Cove, NSW 2066 Australia
P:(02) 8937 4396
oak wooden flooring, oak hardwood flooring, wood flooring oak, oak wood flooring, oak wood floor, oak wood floors, wood floor oak, wood oak flooring, oak hardwood floors, hardwood oak, hardwood flooring oak, oak hardwood, hardwood oak flooring, oak wooden floor, oak wooden floors, bamboo flooring, timber flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, floating floor, floor boards, timber flooring sydney, floating floors, hardwood flooring, timber floor, sydney flooring, parquetry flooring, spotted gum flooring, floating timber floors, engineered timber flooring, timber floors, floating floor boards, flooring options, laminate flooring sydney, flooring sydney, bamboo flooring sydney, wooden flooring, oak flooring, solid timber flooring, wood flooring, vinyl flooring sydney, bamboo floor, vinyl floor, laminate floor, timber laminate flooring, timber flooring cost, engineered flooring, floating flooring, timber floors sydney, laminated flooring, wooden floor, floor tile, bamboo floors, parquet flooring, wooden floors, vinyl flooring prices, laminate timber flooring, wood floor, laminate floors, cheap vinyl flooring, parador flooring, commercial vinyl flooring, commercial flooring, quick step laminate, bamboo floating floor, hardwood flooring sydney, floor tiling, engineered oak flooring, french oak flooring, hardwood floor, oak floorboards, vinyl timber flooring, laminated floor, wood floors, laminate wood flooring, vinyl floors, floor laminate, oak floor,